Cookies on this website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you click 'Accept all cookies' we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies and you won't see this message again. If you click 'Reject all non-essential cookies' only necessary cookies providing core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility will be enabled. Click 'Find out more' for information on how to change your cookie settings.

The Nuffield Department of Population Health (NDPH) is part of the Medical Sciences Division of the University of Oxford. As such, we are fully compliant with their privacy policies:

University of Oxford

Medical Sciences Division

We use your personal information (including, where appropriate, sensitive personal information) to carry out academic and/or translational research in the public interest. In general, the legal basis for processing is “a task in the public interest”. On rare occasions, we may have asked for your consent to process your personal information for research purposes. You will have been informed of this when you gave consent. This is explained on the Medical Sciences privacy notice, link above.

Some studies within the department have more specific guidance on how they use personal data; please consult the relevant page for the particular research study in which you are participating.


If you have any questions or concerns about the particular research study you are participating in, or wish to withdraw from the study, please use any contact details you have already been supplied with, or use your preferred internet search tool to look for the study name together with “Oxford” "Oxford Population Health" or "NDPH". If you are unable to find the relevant contact details, please contact the University’s Information Compliance Team.

If you have any general questions about how your personal information is used by the department, or wish to exercise any of your rights, please consult the University’s data protection webpages. If you need further assistance, please contact the University’s Information Compliance Team.